In-Person and Virtual Services
Step Stone is a unique multidisciplinary service of caring, skilled clinicians that offers comprehensive, evidence-based
assessment and treatment services for a full range of needs and concerns across the lifespan.
Step Stone, the next step towards understanding and wellbeing.
Services are available in English, French, Farsi, and Russian.
Get to know us as we get to know you
We offer a complementary 20 minute “Meet and Greet” in-person or telephone consultation to get to know you, discuss your needs, and to explore together whether our team is a “fit” for you and the work you wish to do.We offer a complementary 20 minute “Meet and Greet” in person or telephone consultation to get to know you, discuss your needs, and to explore whether our team is a “fit” for you and the work you wish to do.
Treatment & Psychotherapy
Whether it is your first time talking to someone, or a next step in your therapy journey, we are here to create a care plan that is unique to you.
Our team integrates therapy and treatment methods from a range of approaches including:
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Psychodynamic/Relational Therapy
- Solution-focused and supportive Counselling
- Mindfulness-based therapies
- Motivational Interviewing
- Gender Exploration and Transition
- Career Counselling and Development
- Parenting/Caregiving and AttachmentModels
- Infant-Parent Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Play Therapy
Step Stone’s group therapies offer a unique opportunity to learn, build skills, and connect with others who have similar needs and lived experiences. With a commitment to excellence, Step Stone groups always feature highly trained facilitators delivering skillfully-developed, evidence-based programs.
Our current and upcoming groups…
We will work with you to explore the best assessment approach for your needs.
We offer comprehensive Psychodiagnostic, Neuropsychological, and Psychoeducational Assessments
We tailor all assessments and recommendations to suit clients’ individual needs, generating easy to read, user-friendly reports to help guide treatment, workplace and academic accommodations.
Evidence-based Treatment & Assessment for the following:
Step Stone provides individualized, evidence-based therapy and treatment for children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families for a wide range of needs, including:
- Trauma, Abuse Experiences, and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Mood (e.g., sadness, depression, irritability, etc. )
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized, social anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive disorder, phobias, panic, separation, etc.)
- Sleep Difficulties
- Anger and Assertiveness
- Emotion Dysregulation Difficulties
- Addictions (e.g., alcohol, substances)
- Body Image/Body Acceptance concerns
- Eating Disorders
- Youth Forensic Concerns
- Somatization and somatic symptoms
- Needle Phobia/Medical Procedure Phobias (and all specific phobias)
- Acute and Chronic Illness
- Medical Trauma
- Chronic Pain
- Existential Concerns
- Self-esteem and self-concept Issues
- Marriage/Relationship Issues
- Family Functioning
- Prenatal and Postnatal ParentFunctioning and Mental Health (e.g., postpartum depression)
- Infant-Parent Relational Concerns
- Parent/Caregiver Support in context with child/youth illness
- Sexuality, Sexual Identity and Coming Out
- Gender Identity, Gender Dysphoria,
- Gender Transition, Gender-affirming
- Educational/Learning difficulties
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Neurodevelopmental concerns
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Workplace Stress/General Life Stress
Career Exploration, Development, and Transition
- Life Stage Transitions
- Grief and Loss